Saturday, November 5, 2011

WEEK 9 SIT EM IF YOU GOT EM

Sit EM week 9

By Mike
 
These players might be better on your bench

QB Matt Schaub – This is crazy I know, but if you have a QB2 on your bench I might look that way.  Schaub is facing Cleveland’s impressive number one ranked pass defense without WR Andre Johnson (missing fifth straight week with a hamstring injury).  Arian Foster will undoubtedly be the star of this show against the Browns 25th ranked rushing defense.

QB Tim Tebow – As much as I like Tebow as a player I am quickly losing my patience for him as a QB.  His match-up against Oakland isn’t too unfavorable; I just think he’s too much of a liability at this point.  I think there are better options this week and going forward.  Tebow time is running out in Denver and it’s only a matter of time until his clock expires.

RB Ryan Torian – I’m not sure how many of you might still be playing Torian in a flex spot from week to week but I would stop.  The backfield situation in Washington is a nightmare and they face the best run stopping unit in the league.  Torian did show some flashes of skill early in the season but with the addition of Tashard Choice I wouldn’t expect much.

RB Chris Johnson – Who would have thought I’d be saying this in week 9?  Johnson has been downright terrible and is by far the biggest disappointment of the 2011 season.  From CJ2K to CJ-No-K it’s time to finally give up.  Johnson will see his carries drop off even more significantly as the Titans stay in pursuit of a playoff spot.  Johnson owners should be seeking Javon Ringer off waivers where possible.

WR Stevie Johnson – This is really just a match-up play as far as I am concerned.  The Jet’s will be keying in on Johnson and I’m expecting Fitzpatrick to look elsewhere with the ball.  If you can afford it, I would definitely advise keeping Johnson on the bench this week.

2 comments:

  1. Hey,
    I saw your comment on fflibrarians site and thought I check out your blog. I like your sits except for Tim Tebow, The raiders give a lot of points to opposing QBs except Matt Cassel two weeks ago but they didn't need him to win. Also what are you guys thinking about carson palmer this week?
    Anthony
    anthonyaltamura.wordpress.com/
    check out my site

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anthony, I wouldn't be shy about deploying Palmer today against a horrid Denver defense. but it's certainly a gamble since he looked terrible in the 1 half of football since his return. He'll produce but there should be better options in 10 team standard leagues.

    ReplyDelete