Monday, November 7, 2011


The Great Pretender
 By Mike

Sometimes there are teams who make themselves relevant through their reputation alone.  One such team is the Dallas Cowboys.  Come on- -it’s the truth. We all know they really aren’t a great team this year and yet we ignore it, look past it- -some even still proclaim they are Super Bowl contenders! This really is nonsense.  I am actually laughing right now, a proverbial LOL is order! 

The Cowboys sit at 4-4, not a horrible mid season record but not a great one either.  A deeper look reveals a little more than those numbers show.  Dallas has beaten no one this year- -really they haven’t- -Seattle, St. Louis, Washington, and San Francisco, that's it. 

Seattle is 2-6. They are horrible.  Very simple

St. Louis is 1-7. They are horrible.  Very Simple

Washington is 3-5.  They are not horrible, they are just very bad.  I don’t think anyone would disagree.

San Francisco is 7-1.  That looks great on paper but is it really that amazing of a win?  San Francisco could easily be the subject of this paper too.  They have a big record right now but I don’t think they’re fooling anyone.  With a list of accomplished wins not much better than Dallas’ they are simply the best piece of garbage in the NFC West landfill.

Now let’s look the teams they lost to- -Philly, New England, Detroit, and NYJ.  The Dallas Cowboys have put up no wins of any real significance.  Any of those 4 teams would have been a much better opponent to tackle than any they actually beat.  Tony Romo just does not have what it takes to lead that team to victory against quality opponents and I do not think Demarco Murray will be able to carry the team on his Rookie back.  I said it once and I’ll say it again.  The Cowboys are fake, wait for it.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more my good man. For years I have heard about how talented the Boys' roster is. Really??? Give me a break. Romo sucks and Dez is so over-hyped. The guy runs like 4 different routes and that's it. If I had stock to sell, I would...but I was never foolish enough to buy any.

    ReplyDelete