Sunday, November 6, 2011

Fantasy Profiles: No longer hype

Week 9 featured a day in which a few up-and-comers finally showcased their abilities.


Julio Jones blew up in a big way torching the Colts for a pair of highlight-reel TD receptions while totalling 131 yards. Yeah, I know..we're talking about the Colts D here but let's not forget the last time Julio was healthy he put up 127 yards on the Seahawks thanks to a whopping 17 targets. I don't know about you, but I'm starting him next week without even knowing his matchup.

Welcome, Roy Helu. Seemed sort of a secret weapon you knew the Skins were sleeping on. Obvious threat in the pass game if I'm actually reading his line right (14 rec, 105 yds). Mike Shanahan's propensity to infuriate fantasy owners by never committing to one back has me hesitant, but you may not get the chance to pick him up if he goes off again.

And a quick shout-out to Jake Ballard. The 6'6"/275lb New York Giant TE is really finding his groove in an offense I've been known to gush about. Ballard, now with back to back 7 target games, made a remarkable game-winning catch, something only to reaffirm Eli's confidence in his new big bud. I like him more than Fred Davis and Greg Olsen going forward.

Who else deserves to be on this list?

-brent

2 comments:

  1. I'm not ready to welcome Roy Helu yet. Give me another game like and i'm on board. The redskin's shuffle their backs too often and i'm not sure if Helu is really even worth my flex spot yet.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you man but a week from now might be too late. Owners hoping to see another sample size from Demarco Murray were left in the dust. He won't have a Murray-type impact, but worthy of an add considering what else is out there. Redskins don't just need a running back, they need playmakers. John Beck hasn't shown he can get the ball down the field so Helu seems like the perfect guy to get involved going forward.

    brent

    ReplyDelete