Saturday, November 12, 2011

Week 10 Rankings

By Mark
 
QB
1. Aaron Rodgers- No one else is even close.  Bank on big numbers once again at home.
2. Drew Brees- Atlanta's D can be stingy, but it's usually against the run.
3. Phillip Rivers- Am I the only one left on the bandwagon?  I’m jumping soon.  (274 yards, 2 TD’s, 1 pick)
4. Cam Newton- This guy continues to exceed all expectations.  Sore shoulder shouldn’t be a problem.
5. Tony Romo- No Miles Austin, but I still think he has weapons to go to.  Our blog has been geeked about Laurent Robinson.
6. Ben Roethlisberger- Another week, another 300 yard game, but beware, Cincy doesn't give up a lot of points.
7. Eli Manning- he would normally be up a little higher, but that Niners D scares me.  Eli is still a solid start.
8. Matt Stafford- As long as he has Mega-Tron to go to, he'll always crack my top 10.
9. Tom Brady- Against any other team, I'd expect him to bounce bag big after 2 sub-par performances, but he has to face the Jets' D on the road.
10. Matt Ryan- Could turn into a shootout against Brees and the Saints.  Ryan is deadly at home.
 
RB
1. Arian Foster- A big day again for both Foster and his running mate, Ben Tate.  He’s always near the top as long as he’s healthy.
2. Adrian Peterson- He'll be called upon often to try and keep Rodgers and the Pack offense on the sidelines.
3. Matt Forte- Forte will continue to pile up his total yards as Cutler may look to him often as a check down against that nasty Lions’ front four.
4. LeSean McCoy- The league’s leading rusher will continue to get the job done in a big way against Arizona.  The Eagl
5. DeMarco Murray- Nice Knowing you Felix Jones, this kid is here to stay.  His YPC (6.7) is a staggering number.
6. Frank Gore- Expect Gore to carry this team on his back once again in a big home game against the G-Men.
7. Ray Rice- He’s a top 5 play any other week, especially against Seattle.  I just tend to like the guys above him a little bit more this week.
8. Steven Jackson- Mr. Reliable is something I never thought I would ca
es need to lean even more on this guy.ll this guy, but his season has been more than adequate.
9. Fred Jackson- Not a big game last week, but that was against the Jets.  This week Jackson should bounce back against the generous Dallas defense.
10. Michael Turner- Turner will always give you something.  Whether it’s 100+ yards, or finding the end zone, or both…I’d feel very confident with him as my back on a weekly basis.
 
WR
1. Steve Smith- No one has benefited more from the emergence of Cam Newton than Steve Smith.  I’m perfectly fine with putting him atop the WR list.
2. Greg Jennings- He didn’t have a huge game last week, but still managed to score a touchdown.  Jennings very rarely leaves owners disappointed.
3. Vincent Jackson- After a huge week 9 performance, V-jax was high on my list.  Whoops.  (1 catch for 22 yards)
4. Calvin Johnson- Mega-Tron has been the very best fantasy wide-out all season.  The trend will continue.  Double and triple coverages can’t even stop this monster.
5. Mike Wallace- Wallace is third in the league with 868 receiving yards.  The Cincy defense is stingy, but Wallace always seems to get his.
6. Julio Jones- As long as the rookie plays, which it looks like he will, I’m putting him in my line-up.  Even though he only grabbed 3 balls last week, 2 were for long touchdowns.
7. Anquan Boldin- I’m growing more and more confident in the Ravens’ passing attack.  This means I like Boldin more on a week-to-week basis.
8. Dwayne Bowe- Bowe is often hit or miss.  If he is in my top 10, it means I expect a hit this week.  He should be good for at least a score.
9. Brandon Marshall- Marshall had his best game of the year last week with Matt Moore taking the snaps.  I’m not sure if it will continue, but I thought he deserved a spot.
10. Dez Bryant- With Miles Austin out again, Bryant’s inconsistency may become even more apparent.  I’ll lean the other way and say he has a productive outing against Buffalo.
 
TE
1. Antonio Gates- Another Bolt letdown.  (5 catches for 54 yards isn’t good enough for the top spot.
2. Jason Witten- Another Cowboy that will benefit from Austin missing the game.  Romo will rely on Witten even more than he normally does.
3. Jimmy Graham- This guy has quickly become my favorite TE in the NFL.  I’m sure I’m not the only fantasy owner thinking that.
4. Jermichael Finley- I’ve been pretty disappointed with Finley thus far, but will give him one more shot to stay in the Top 5.
5. Rob Gronkowski- With the Jets looking to contain Welker, I’d expect a lot of balls thrown in the big guys direction.
6. Tony Gonzalez- he just keeps on trucking.  By season’s end, Tony G. could be second to only Jerry Rice in career receptions.  Let that one sink in.
7. Brent Celek- He is steadily rising up my board with Vick looking his way more often these days.  With DeSean Jackson not doing much of anything, I like Celek again.
8. Fred Davis- A lot of Beck’s check-downs this week could go to Davis instead of Roy Helu.
9. Vernon Davis- Another frustrating TE.  I was very tempted to leave him out altogether.
10. Brandon Pettigrew- The Lions rely on the big play and this guy is more than capable of making a few.  I have high hopes for Pettigrew this week.
 
K
1. Mason Crosby
2. Neil Rackers
3. John Kasay
4. Sebastian Janikowski
5. David Akers
6. Nick Novak
7. Dan Bailey
8. Matt Bryant
9. Robbie Gould
10. Stephen Gostkowski
 
D/ST
1. Ravens (@ Seahawks)
2. 49ers (Giants)
3. Lions (@ Bears)
4. Steelers (@ Bengals)
5. Jets (Patriots)
6. Texans (@ Buccs)
7. Packers (Vikings)
8. Eagles (Cardinals)
9. Dolphins (Redskins)
10. Bengals (Steelers)

2 comments:

  1. Hey guys!
    Yeah I had Antonio in this week and a huge disappointment! But what do you think about Ponder this sunday in his second game vs. the Packers and what about Sproles against Atlanta?
    Anthony
    http://anthonyaltamura.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey anthony,

    I'm sitting fred jackson this week in favor of sproles so you're not alone in being hopeful. Looks like Ingram is a go but the Atlanta D can give up some big plays, I'd feel good about Sproles.

    Ponder in a week with no team on a bye is a bit of a stretch. How deep is your league and what are your other options? That being said, he could have a decent game with Minny seemingly playing from behind all game.

    brent

    ReplyDelete